Sunday, August 23, 2009

A difference between a narcissist, and an Evil Person 

(Trait #2)


 "A Narcissist has a hostile reaction to attention and credit given others."
 

My Evil Family of Origin is utterly indifferent to the achievements of others. It wasn't a feigned indifference.  You can't fake that; it always looks a little forced.

Real indifference is unmistakable. Rather, my relatives simply had no stake whatsoever in the accomplishments, skills, or goals of others.

I think this is what caused so many of their friends to fade away.

My
Family of Origin is attractive and well-educated. People are drawn to them. But being their friend meant that -- after years of getting just a little attention for life's accomplishments  -- their friends just...drift away. Things that get a normal, positive reaction from others, such as getting married, having kids or getting that job promotion, received no reaction whatsoever from my relatives. After their friends drifted away, my relatives made no attempt to follow up, write, or visit.

Their lives were utterly circumscribed by their needs, and the need to control anyone they see as a potential patsy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, T. I appreciate your thoughts and posts. But what do you say to a now-very evil-ex-boyfriend who is not only a "narc", but I found out lately that he may be slandering my name all over a certain college campus and especially within a certain department-field of study of my original choosing.

    I've always wanted to complete my educational requirements within the department of music at this college. It's one of my dreams. I've done everything I could at a community college to build my credits and prepare for the transfer. I've been accepted previously by this same department at this same campus at least three times before. And now, all of a sudden, they don't won't me to come back and continue my studies and I'm so close to finishing.

    Straight out of our falling out for about the second or third time, and just before my birthday and I think it was because I refused to use him as my accompanist for the audition (I chose someone else due to professional reasons...my ex-evil-boyfriend just proved to me that he simply wasn't professional or serious enough to handle it), he left a message on my cell saying that if I try anything (I guess he meant if I go through with the audition) he'll see to it that I don't make it to my next birthday.

    Looking back now, I think he is the one trying his best to undermind every good thing I've ever done. What's a girl to do? I really liked him and trusted him, but now he's just so evil; a real pathetic loser. I don't even know why I alligned myself with him in the first place. He reminds me of Johnny Depp's character in "The Secret Window"~gorgeous at face with personality to spare, but evil at heart...creepy evil.

    So, how do you know for sure and/or stop the evil-exboyfriend from doing all this damage before it destroys your life? Confront him in broad daylight with everyone standing around or do I confront alone? Tape his mouth? Feed him to the fishies? Hire a couple of Texas wranglers to go beat the $h!T out of him? What?

    All I know and have learned for sure is that when love always feels like a battlefield....it ain't love.

    Thanks for letting me vent. I really need to get this all out of my system, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete