Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Evil will always work against their own best interest.


It's true.


If we make Hitler, "The Patron Saint of Evil," think about how he ended up: Shooting himself and his mistress in the bunker. His Third Reich (The Third Empire) was supposed to last a thousand years and rule the entire world.

It lasted less than twelve. His war machine was broken and penniless by the many bizarre decisions he made.


His own people killed Mussolini, buried him, dug him up, hung him by his boot-heels and shot his corpse full of holes, along with his mistress.


Hirohito lived to a ripe old age, but he lived long enough to know that his people were told, "He is not a God, he's only a man." What do you think that did to his overripe ego?

Gaddafi, (of Libya) who had billions of American dollars stashed in overseas accounts waited until the very last second to run; he was captured and killed by his own people on the way out of town.

These Evil Parents divide their children into the Golden Child and the Scapegoat. They stunt the growth of the Golden Child and treat the Scapegoats like dirt.  The Scapegoats escape, and grow into capable, whole adults. The Goldens, by contrast, are unable to care for themselves, let alone anyone else.

Too late, the parents realize that. 

My mother did that. Whoever will take care of her? With five children, four of whom worship her and one who despises her (me) guess who she fixated on to take care of her in her old age? Yup: me.

My siblings are Evil, or control-freaks, or just plain seriously f**ked up, and she's Evil.  They have to get together for every freakin' holiday up to and including Groundhog Day so that they can vibrate to the same Evil emanations. So you'd think she'd want to spend her rotten old age with one of them.

But nooo. She wants me to take care of her.

Me. Someone who can't stand to be around her, who tried to escape her Crap-taculars so I could lead a normal life, someone who went no contact just to get away from the ghasty holidays where I had to force a smile on my face and pretend I liked their stink. Actually, I felt dirty afterwards, like I'd f**ked a corpse.

During the very last conversation I had with her, I said, in these exact words, "I wouldn't spend one hour of my precious time, or one dime of my hard-earned money, taking care of your worthless carcass."

Do you think she got mad? Yelled at me? Picked a fight, in any way, shape or form? No...

She blinked. That was it. File not found. She searched in her memory banks and said to herself, "No. I am lovable. It is inconceivable that someone wouldn't love me. Therefore I will erase the tape of what I just heard." And just like that, she did. (Think also of Hitler, Hirohito, et al, right here. They also believed the masses adored them.)

She waited until the conversation went back to "normal," and then proceeded as if nothing happened; which, in a sense, it did. If she decided nothing happened, then, by God, nothing happened.

One of the many reasons I went No Contact with her was so that she would make other plans for her old age. I am Plan A.

There is no Plan B.

Now, ten years on, with no contact whatsoever, I still get the feeling she is waiting for me to "come around." It sends shivers down my spine.

She saves no money, she treats her other children like dirt, thinking it will draw them closer (which it does) and she makes no plans for her eventual decline. She is eighty, and can't see past the end of her own nose.

The Evil always work against their own best interest.

4 comments:

  1. I found your evil person blog most interesting. Having been jagged around by few evil people in my life, I think you have pretty much summed up their modus operendi.
    I've never quite been able to figure out why I've been on the receiving end of such abuse; except maybe I'm perceived by the evil person as being too nice or too well-liked and therefore must not be allowed to experience any basic pleasure whatsoever from this day forward.
    I will tell you this. While it was happening to me I had no idea what was going on. It wasn't until the dust had settled and my job was gone and my self-esteem was completely shattered that I started searching for answers. Up until I read "The Sociopath Next Door" I had been blaming myself.
    It breaks my heart to think children are actually raised by these evil monsters. Tangling with them as an adult (albeit a sensitive one) was tough enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LuLu: I am so sorry for your suffering and losses.

    Your statement: "...except maybe I'm perceived by the evil person as being too nice or too well-liked and therefore must not be allowed to experience any basic pleasure whatsoever from this day forward," is a part of it.

    There is NOTHING wrong with you! But, unfortunately, these traits make you an easy target -- an Evil Magnet -- if you will.

    I just wanted it to stop, without becoming Evil myself. That meant going No Contact (NC) with my FOO (Family of Origin).

    But what about others met on the way (co-workers, etc)?

    I will write about what works for me in future posts. I want feedback on whether or not it works for anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome post - I could really relate to it. Especially the last line "The evil always works against their own best interest." This is so true!

    Also loved the story about the snake and the woman - also illustrates that same point.

    I've been NC with my FOO since January. I have to admit, life is better this way. I had to mourn the *idea* of family and come to terms that my FOO would never fit that ideal. Giving up that hope was the hardest part.

    But, since NC, my husband and I have less stress and I'm able to concentrate on whats important - the family DH and I are creating. I feel free and I feel like I am finally discovering me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true. They are old as hell and cannot see past their own nose. I sadly, can relate to everything you are saying. I choose to live, though, and I have also had to go NC.

    ReplyDelete